Step-by-step guide to tying the knotless knot
This is the definitive hair-rig knot. It attaches your hook and creates a hair section at the same time. It is ideal for use with braided hooklengths for supple, natural-acting hairs, but it can be tied with any material.
1) Start with a simple overhand loop knot to form your hair and make sure the line flows this way through the eye of the hook.
2) Hold the hair to the shank of the hook and begin whipping the hooklink around the hook to trap it there.
3) Whipping the line around the hook five or six times will suffice, but you can experiment to alter the angle at which the hair sits. Go no further than level with the hookpoint, however.
4) Once you have finished wrapping the line around the hookshank, thread the tag end of the line back through the eye of the hook from the back to the front.
5) This is how the knot looks when finished. Note the hooklink enters/exits from the 'front' of the hook's eye.