Step-by-step guide to attaching a hookbait with floss
Piercing a pop-up hookbait to attach it to your rig can severely reduce its buoyancy, so many anglers prefer to lasso them on with dental floss. Here's how (using bright braid for visibility!)...
1) We're using braid for visibility, but take a length of floss and double it up like so.
2) Form a second, smaller, loop 'in front' of the first loop.
3) Take the tag end and bring it through both loops from the back to the front.
4) Place your hookbait in the middle of the large loop that remains.
5) Tighten the knot down. An additional overhand knot or two will secure it further, as will scoring a groove in the pop-up for the floss to sit in. Use the tag ends to tie the bait to a rig ring mounted on your hook.