The Big One, the biggest angling show in the country, takes place this weekend [March 24 and 25].
Tickets for the two-day extravaganza can still be purchased in advance or on the door, so if you’re already planning a trip or undecided then let us whet your appetite.
1) We can’t wait to see the beast that is Fox’s new 420 Bivvy Boat and fantasise about living in one. Permanently.
2) Not strictly tackle, but Touchwood Carvings is sure to draw a crowd. Commissions will be taken over the weekend and we gather some large carvings will be on show close to the entrance.
3) The eagerly awaited Air Bomb bait rocket will be on display on the FishSpy stand, and a limited number will be for sale.
4) The latest Daiwa Emblem reel will be on show. We’ve already had a sneak peek.
5) The Big One will mark the public debut of Trakker’s Levelite Lumbar Bed and the new Oval 365 sleeping bag to fit the Levelite Oval beds.
6) Prestige Engineering will be showing off its new Power Porters for the first time. These convert any Carp Porter Mk2 or Fat Boy to a powered barrow.
7) Scales legend Reuben Heaton has branched out into hooks – see the Eagle Claw Trokar carp hooks at the show.
9) The new CX-i rods from Kodex will be available to view and buy at a special three-for-two rate from the Finch Farm Fishery stand.
10) The recent new offering from Wychwood, which we filmed here, will be on display. The new Riot rods are on a three-for-two deal permanently.
11) The Big One will be the first time Sonik will have its full stock of 2018 products, including the SK-TEK, DominatorX and VaderX ranges.
12) Avid has two new chairs to show off – the Compact and Reclining Guest Chair.
13) It’s a new era for Solar, with its first range of bivvies and bedchairs, all of which will be on display.
14) Kodex’s very intriguing Munchies, a buoyant oozing hookbait in four varities, will be on show.
15) Nutrabaits will be showing off its new BFM Krill & Cranberry range for the first time.
GET A DEAL
16) Nutrabaits: Three pots of hookbaits for £15 and any hookbait and bait soak spray for £10.
17) Dynamite: 5kg of the company’s top boilies (Complex-T, Source etc) for the price of 4kg, plus free samples on offer.
18) ATT: The alarm company will be offering its very popular on-the-spot repairs service.
19) Skretting: The pellet manufacturer is offering a bucket of pellets for £10; two for £15 and three for £20. A bag of pellets at the show is just £30.
20) Fortis: ‘See Deeper’ T-shirts for just £5 and Knit Crews for £15 rather than £44.99, among other deals.
21) Navitas: Hoodies from £20 and T-shirts from a tenner, plus buy any jacket and get an Atlas Fleece half price.
22) Wofte: The clothing company will be running a 50-per-cent-off 'red cross' sale.
23) Magazines: We’re giving away free copies of Carpfeed, Improve Your Coarse Fishing and Angling Times at the exit.
24) German sensation Claudia Darga will be on the Dynamite stand, alongside England ace Mark Bartlett and his manager Rob Hughes.
25) Fox is bringing its big guns including Chilly, Mark Pitchers, Lee Morris, Steve Spurgeon and Harry Charrington, among others.
26) Frank Warwick will be on the Sonik stand across the weekend.
27) The ever-approachable Ian Russell will be on hand on the Avid stand, alongside Linear experts Chris Lowe and Angie Lawley.
28) Emerging from under the radar recently, Simon Bater will be on the Fortis stand. He was the first angler to land two UK 60s and has a photo album barely anyone can match.
29) Solar founder Martin Locke will be in attendance on his company’s stand.
30) FishSpy will have Dave Lane on its stand.
31) Nash will have a packed stand as usual, including the globetrotting pair of Oli Davies and Alan Blair, plus Pinpoint Hooks man Marc Voosen.
CATCH A TALK
32) One of the best parts of attending an angling show is the chance to hear experts talk about their successes (and failures!). Here's the schedule for the two lecture theatres across both days:
Adult tickets for the Big One Show cost £12 in advance (or just £7 for a half-day entry after 1pm), with concessions available. You can also pay on the door. See here for full details.